Tuesday 5 February 2019

Presentation and Feedback

For this presentation I gave a brief overview of the monotype brief, my response and my research and process, I then showed the finished typeface and these initial poster ideas. The feedback for ways to improve the project were as follows:


  • More Research - I didn’t show a lot of the research that I had done in the presentation so this feedback may be down to that, however you can never do too much research really, and now having done a fair amount on the Beatles and typography, I can now look at doing specific design related to different produced touch-points.
  • Typeface - Feedback indicated that my finished typeface was refined and looked good, when I suggested that as I undergo the next design stages, I might tweak little bits of some letterforms as and when I see it necessary, this was concurred with.
  • Posters - The feedback on my poster designs suggested that the blue and green gradient didn’t really work, as I thought, and that perhaps the monochrome gridded poster worked best. It was said that these colour choices weren’t really justified and rationalised within the design process so that was something I needed to do, but monochrome black and white may be the way to go as it supports the idea of contrast, and visually links to the zebra crossing.

  • Other Touch-points - At this point I was suggesting ideas for the other deliverables - one digital and one just anything specifically related to the project. For the digital touchpoint, it was agreed with that I do a set of different social media ads, and for the other touchpoint, I have had a few ideas, such as a redesign of the vinyl sleeve, a jacket or item of clothing with the typeface decorated on it, a type specimen or even a road sign with the typeface on it - the road sign idea was favoured as its a bit more unusual, but links well with the project and also the idea of community.

No comments:

Post a Comment