Tuesday 12 February 2019

Witness the Future - Sci-Fi Idea

After generating some concepts and visual links to this idea, I started generating some imagery. I really liked the idea of giving the visual identity a bit of a sci-fi aesthetic, linking with this idea of witnessing the future. I did some visual research into Penguin Book covers, specifically some of the retro sci-fi ones which have a very distinct style. Some of them had a lot of imagery and illustration, but I found a few which had more figurative abstract shapes which were really nice, still imparting this sci-fi style, but not using any specific imagery. After looking at the postage stamp and its wave pattern, and this idea of ‘witness the future’ being a direct message to the industry, I decided to use that wave pattern and generate some imagery, by manipulating some lines in the photocopier. In my head I had a distinct image of ‘WTF’ in. The bottom right corner, with waves emanating outwards from it, drawing the eye to it and giving it this idea of communication with the waves almost giving the idea of phone signal/cellular communication waves.  









No comments:

Post a Comment