Monday 6 May 2019

Steve Hockett - Research

Steve Hockett’s monochrome design style is expressive, chaotic and self aware. His aesthetic is very rough and ready and focuses on embracing imperfections. I instantly thought of his work when I started generating these more abstract black and white compositions out of my symbols. When I started thresholding some of these view finder zoomed in shots, they started coming out quite pixelated which I quite liked the aesthetic of, like Steve Hockett’s design work, it embraces the imperfections and highlights the process. Considering the production of my work, Hockett does a lot of publications and I think a simple publication with each page being one of these zoomed in shots could work nicely. I could put them in sequential order for the routes and I think it would really highlight the direction my work has taken - abstracting maps/symbols instead of prioritising communication and clarity. Hockett’s design work has inspired me to sort of embrace something slightly more chaotic and abstract. 







No comments:

Post a Comment