Thursday 31 January 2019

Creative Ad Collaboration - Meet-up and Critique

After all going away and doing some research and ideas, I met back up with my creative ad collaborators to discuss ideas. I went over some of the visual research I underwent and then pitched my ‘Fortune Favours the Bold’ idea which they really liked. They also liked the basic designs I created which fit well with the requirements of the brief, especially the fact that they’re very bright and bold which is specifically mentioned in the deliverables for the poster. They mentioned that they liked the Village Green branding for D&AD and that I could try and incorporate something geometric and shape based into my designs.


Moving forwards, they are going to get some research done around the ‘fortune favours the bold’ idea and come up with some insights. I am going to start developing some more designs and start mocking them up with all the information etc. I like the idea of really prioritising boldness in all elements of design to create a really bold eye catching design because that will work well for public advertising. I may also start researching into ancient roman and latin type/imagery because thats where the phrase comes from, it has military connotation’s and it could be interesting to draw parallels  between boldness and courage in that classic heroic sense and in this contemporary creative sense. I could look at roman architecture, things like pillars which have distinctive shapes and forms and maybe statues. This visual research could inform some more geometric shape based design as previously mentioned and it could be interesting to modernise some of these classic roman shapes and patterns, similar to ONY’s redesign of the Future London Academy which saw the classic decorative coat of arms become simple geometric lines and shapes.




No comments:

Post a Comment