Friday 8 March 2019

Google Maps - Symbols

Seeing as I am creating a whole catalogue of symbols for way finding, I can’t make them too specific, otherwise I will have way too many. I’d like them to be quite specific to Leeds, or at least specific to being in a city. The google maps symbols are a good frame of reference because clearly they have a symbol for everything really, however they are broad enough that everything fits into a category and there aren’t too many.





Out of all of these symbols, the ones I feel are most applicable and would be seen in Leeds are:

-Food
-Bar
-Cafe
-Theatre
-Event Venue
-Museum
-movie theatre
-monument
-petrol station
-parking
-hotel
-bank
-cash machine
-hospital/medical
-park
-bus
-shop
-supermarket

There could be some that I add in as well, making it more student/city orientated:

-nightclub
-off license
-university


Some of the symbols I created will be applicable, however I will have a look at the basic forms of these google map ones, and try and develop their forms to be more geometric and visually intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment