Thursday 7 March 2019

Mapping with Symbols

On my walk to uni, I listed specific features/locations/business’s which would be memorable and which someone might say to you when giving directions:




I then drew up some initial ideas on what symbols could represent these things, for things which had existing map symbols, I looked at those, and where necessary changed them slightly. 




What I will do next is create refined digital symbols and put them in sequence to see how that looks. I’d like to try and experiment with this idea as much as possible; mapping different routes and creating different symbols. Maybe the project will focus on specific routes and why they are relevant, maybe it will more of an ongoing approach in which I keep doing this, and creating different symbols until I have an inventory of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment